Anne comes to the Denver School Board as a small-business owner, having founded and managed a publishing company for more than 20 years and a legal placement and concierge business for more than 10 years. After graduating from Stanford University, Anne returned to Denver and earned her MBA at the University of Denver. She then honed her business skills as an investment banker for the Wallach Company before cofounding RP Publishing and InSource Denver.
© 2011 Anne Rowe. All rights reserved.
Anne has lived in southeast Denver with her husband Frank and their daughters Kate, Tory and Biz, since 1990. All three girls are graduates of Slavens K-8 and have attended/are attending George Washington High School. For the 2011-2012 school year, Kate will be heading to Occidental college in Los Angeles to begin her college career, Tory will begin her junior year at George and Biz will begin her freshman year there.
Anne comes by her passion for public service naturally, having grown up watching her father, Jim Bye, a community leader in Denver for more than 50 years.
“Growing up in my house, with my parents, public service was a way of life. They were involved in the community in so many ways and it just became a part of who I am,” says Anne.
Anne’s involvement with Denver Public Schools includes work on the community board, District and school levels. Over the past 25 years, Anne has served on a number of nonprofit community boards that address the needs of Denver’s kids. On the district level, she has been an integral part of committees that provide valuable input to the DPS Superintendent. Her involvement at the school level occurred 16 years ago when she became part of the group of neighborhood parents who worked to re-open Slavens School.
Community involvement (1987 - Present)
- Board Member, Summer Scholars
- Board Member, Colorado Children’s Campaign
- Board Member, Children's Museum of Denver
- Board Member, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
- Executive Committee, 2% Club of Denver
- Community Leadership Board, Mile High Montessori
DPS Involvement (2007 - Present)
- Founding co-chair, executive Board Member A+ Denver
- Co-chair, DPS Advisory Committee on Immigration and Integration
- DPS Parent Portal Steering Committee
- Superintendent’s Parent Forum
School Involvement (1995 - Present)
- Committee to Re-open Slavens School
- Slavens PTA, MSPA President
- Mathletics, DI, Brain Bowl Coach
- Co-founder and President, George Washington High School Patriot Partners